Chili’s Too has closed at Charlotte Douglas airport. Admit it, you’re kind of bummed. Who hasn’t had a pre-flight cocktail or basket of wings there at least once?
— CLT Airport (@CLTAirport) February 10, 2015
– Replacement restaurant: 1897 Market
– May feature a raw bar with oysters, shrimp and seafood, a grill, sandwiches and entrees, pizza and pasta, and salads.
– Expected to be organized in stations.
– Will also have grab-and-go beverages.
– To open in mid-April
– Something temporary may go in in the meantime
Why the change?
– Charlotte Douglas says as it’s expanding, new food options will be moving in.
– Chili’s Too may not doing well as a concept — it’s now closed at Concord Mills, too.
The Tweets are better than the food
— Ely Portillo (@ESPortillo) February 11, 2015
— BC Interruption (@bcinterruption) February 11, 2015
— Katie Peralta (@katieperalta) February 11, 2015
One visit at Chili’s Too was plenty. Onward and upward with food stations.
Photo: Davie Hinshaw/Charlotte Observer