What means most to you when searching for an apartment?
The National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) released the 2018 Consumer Housing Insights Survey, which reflects what we’ve already seen in Charlotte — renters want more amenities like outdoor spaces and gyms.
In fact, 20% of respondents cited a desire for better amenities as their reason for moving to a different apartment.
The corresponding NMHC report also showed that 92% of respondents valued convenience, and 63% believed their lives to be hectic and wanted to find ways to make it easier. Cue apartments located in urban areas like uptown Charlotte, which has seen a recent boom in luxury rentals.
As a result of the survey, Apartments.com listed new amenities worth seeking when searching for an apartment:
- Outdoor community living
- Indoor relaxation
- Tech lover’s paradise
- Environmentally friendly
- Artistic appeal
The desire for innovative amenities as a draw for choosing an apartment had us thinking: Which outrageous amenities do Charlotte’s uptown apartments offer? While most offer stunning outdoor community living and upscale appointments indoors, we found some unique offerings.
Where: 225 S. Poplar St.
- Heated saltwater pool
- Wine lockers
- Five observation decks
- Black car service
- Yoga and fitness studios with complimentary weekly classes
Where: 255 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Elevated pool and sun deck
- 24-7 concierge
- Outdoor living with fireplace
- Club room with kitchen and bar
- Game lounge
Where: 360 S. Graham St.
- Bliss lounge (cooling room set at 65 degrees)
- On-site bicycle shop
- Two private residence terraces overlooking BB&T Ballpark
- 24-hour yoga studio with Wellbeats
- Heated saltwater pool
Where: 355 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Views of BB&T Ballpark and Bank of America Stadium
- Guest suites
- Pet wash station
- 24-hour concierge service
- Innovative fitness club and yoga studio
Where: 710 E. 7th St.
- Resort-style pool
- Coffee bar
- Lap pool
- Bark Park
- Outdoor courtyard with fire pits
Where: 902 W. 4th St.
- K9000 pet washing station
- Yoga and spin room
- Demonstration kitchen
- Private theater room
- Saltwater pool with skyline views
Where: 525 S. Church St.
- Spinning and yoga room featuring Fitness On Demand classes and video services
- Pet spa
- 24-hour concierge
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- Pool deck with 8-foot glass perimeter wall for unobstructed city views
Where: 400 E. Stonewall St.
- Group fitness room featuring a Fitness-on-Demand system, ballet barre, spin bikes and yoga mats
- Gated rooftop dog park
- 10th floor Sky Lounge with a catering kitchen and private dining area
- 2,600-square-foot skyline fitness center with Technogym equipment
- 3,500 heated invisible-edge saltwater pool
Where: 900 E. Stonewall St.
- 8,000-square-foot clubhouse
- Sky Lounge rooftop deck
- Virtual gaming lounge
- Cyber Cafe with Starbucks
- Paw Spa
Where: 650 E. Stonewall St.
- Resort-style saltwater pool and sun deck
- Indoor pet park and Skipper services
- Bocce courtyard with fire pit and grilling areas
- Peloton bikes and treadmills
- Dog spa
Where: 640 N. Church St.
- Practice putting green
- Sky Park: elevated six floors, facing Uptown skyline
- Nearly one acre exclusive to SkyHouse residents
- Large and small dog park
- 120’ x 60’ activity field
Where: 215 N. Pine St.
- Full-sized golf simulator lounge
- Putting green
- Peloton bikes
- Barista Bar serving coffee drinks Monday through Friday
- VUE Spa with sauna, steam rooms and relaxation room
Where: 550 E. Stonewall St.
- Indoor spa with 6,900-gallon hot tub
- Thrill Cube Cabanas
- Men’s and women’s saunas and steam rooms
- Elevated fitness center overlooking uptown
- Sky Bar 550 (opening later this year on 22nd floor)