This post is brought to you in partnership with the University City Wine Fest. All opinions are our own.
Wouldn’t it be awesome to sample over 100 wines from all over the world in one afternoon, without needing billions of dollars, a high-speed jet, a time machine and energy supplements?
Well your dreams have just come true! You can do exactly that at the University City Wine Fest on Saturday, April 14.
The wine fest is from 2 – 6 p.m. (or VIP ticket holders can score early admission at 1 p.m.). If “sample over 100 wines” didn’t stop you in your tracks, we have 10 more deliciously drinkable reasons to stop, drop and get your tickets today.
1. Take the train. Board the new LYNX Blue Line Extension, hop off at the JW Clay Boulevard Station, head to the Shoppes at University Place and welcome to your day at the vineyards.
2. Go VIP, Early Admission or General Admission. The ticket choice is yours (until the tickets sell out, at least) and so are the perks.
3. Find a new fave. Is your go-to Chardonnay making you yawn? Does your Merlot game need to be kicked up a notch? With over 100 wines and 25 vineyards represented from across the state, county and globe, you are sure to expand your wine palette.
4. Learn something. While you sip and stroll, talk to wine makers and learn the unique stories behind that fab bottle label.
5. Chow down. No need to walk around hungry! Choose from seven restaurants in and around the festival to keep you filled up and ready to taste all afternoon. Dine in, out or bring your own snacks, cheeses, fruits, sandwiches and desserts. (But a quick note to those who plan to BYOF: to keep everything on the up-and-up, coolers will be checked by security.)
6. Get down. Need some groovy tunes to go with the new vintage you can’t stop raving about? This festival has live music, too.
7. Bring your beer-loving friends. If malt and hops is what gets your motor running (or the motor of someone you love), fear not. You can also stop by the wine fest’s beer garden for local ales and ciders, as well as live music and great people watching.
8. See what’s happening at University City. If it has been a while since you’ve been to the UC, the wine festival is a fantastic way to experience the cool vibe happening in the Northern part of the city.
9. Do good. Whether your favorite vintage has a hint of cherries, blackberries, a peppery finish or a smooth one, all day drinking participants are making things better for Charlotte. Proceeds from ticket sales go to support literacy programs at the University City Regional Library.
10. Celebrate spring. Now that warmer weather has finally decided to stay, say hello to spring with friends, wine, entertainment and food in beautiful University City.
Want to learn more about University City Wine Fest? Click here for more information.