Use promo code CHARLOTTEFIVE for free delivery and $10 off your first order with DoorDash.
Sometimes after a long week of work and other obligations, you and your sweetie want to have a relaxed date night, but the thought of going out doesn’t sound appealing. What you really want to do is eat your favorite restaurant meal while parked in front of the television wearing comfy clothes: No pressure and nowhere to go.
If that sounds like the perfect date night to you (I mean why wouldn’t it) let your friends at DoorDash help you create the perfect night. Whether you are ordering in together, or surprising your significant other with a romantic night at home, DoorDash has options for any occasion.
With DoorDash (via the Android or iOS app or online at www.doordash.com) Charlotteans can order from more than 300 restaurants in the area. In under an hour, your favorite romantic restaurant dishes will be delivered to your door.
DoorDash has created a “Top 5” list of date night meal suggestions for you so you don’t have to stress over what to order and can focus on a great night with your special person.
- That’s amore: Italian food has been called sensuous and comforting, much like your relationship. For a winning romantic menu, may we suggest ordering from Aria Tuscan Grill? You can order individually or share a few plates. Start with the mussels and then order one of their pasta dishes, the pasta al Nero and the gnocchi are favorites. Don’t forget something sweet to end the meal and order the tiramisu.
- It’s getting hot in here: There is nothing better than cozying up with a warm meal when it starts getting cool outside. Order the dumplings and pho from iPho and then end the night with a movie and your favorite glass of wine.
- Show me your sashimi: Want something lighter to end the day? AZN Azian Cuizine has signature sushi rolls such as the firecracker and the volcano, and such comforting dishes as the spicy Penang curry chicken and Korean beef short rib. Share or don’t… it’s your night in after all.
- Best of both worlds: Do you want steak, but your significant other wants seafood? Have no fear; McCormick & Schmick’s is here. Their shrimp kisses appetizer (I mean come on!) with Pepper Jack cheese, bacon wrapped shrimp served with fire roasted corn salsa and onion rings is a great starter. Next order the steak and lobster so you both get what you want.
- The ultimate romantic meal in: Sometimes when it comes to romance, or a night in, simple is best. Craft Tasting Room & Growler Shop makes some mean cheese and charcuterie plates served with baked bread. Don’t forget the dessert! The Nutella piadina with berries is sure to be a hit with your loved one.
Put on comfy clothes, pick out a movie and grab your snuggliest blanket for a night in with your favorite person. You set the mood and DoorDash will take care food. Don’t forget to check out the DoorDash site and app as new restaurants and areas of Charlotte are being added to better serve customers. Bon appétit, and here’s wishing you a night of cuddles. No judgment if you go to bed by 10 p.m.
Header Photo: Craft Tasting Room & Growler Shop