This post is brought to you in partnership with Queen City Brewers Festival. All opinions are our own.
It’s that time of year again! The Queen City Brewers Festival is returning this Saturday, Feb. 2 at The Fillmore. Tickets are nearly sold out for both the afternoon session (12-3 p.m.) and the night session (5-8 p.m.)—you won’t want to miss out on this primetime event.
Whether you’re a QCBF veteran or a first-timer, there’s plenty of new things to look forward to at this year’s festival. Here’s the ultimate preview of what you can expect:
Breweries making their QCBF debuts
- From the north: Percent Tap House, Commoners Brewing and King Canary Brewing
- From the south: Armor Artis Brewing and Brewers at 4001 Yancey
- New metro breweries: Town Brewing, Salud Cerveceria, Divine Barrel Brewing and Pilot Brewing
Limited edition beers to try
- Legion Brewing will be releasing a candy-inspired beer in collaboration with CharlotteFive called “Sour Draft Kids”, which will be served exclusively at Legion Brewing’s table at this year’s festival. Then slide on over to the adjacent Legion Brewing SouthPark table to grub on mac and cheese and bison chili samples.
- Twenty-Six Acres Brewing has crafted an Oatmeal Peanut Butter Porter (OPP) they’re dubbing Nutty by Nature.
- D9 Brewing will be going off the rails with “Ozzy”—a sour ale ringing in at a delicious 14% with punches of peaches and champagne flavors.
- Newcomers, Pilot Brewing, isn’t shy about their first time. Try their Pumpkin Saison, Cinnamon Bun Brown and Hibiscus Gose.
- Hop heads, douse your palate with piney, citrusy and juicy deliciousness from Heist, Resident Culture and King Canary Brewing—to name a few.
Food & bev exhibitors to taste test
- Sea Level NC will be back with their pop-up oyster bar complete with all the fixin’s. This is not your ordinary beer festival.
- Sabor Latin Street Grill will have the perfect mix of spicy and savory to complement all the suds.
- JJ’s Red Hots is bringing back their Frank the Tank food trailer to the center lot between the Fillmore and Underground passing out samplings of their #! Red Hot, plus house-made brat balls with marinara.
- The Fresh Market will be making their QCBF debut with freshly grilled spare ribs for your sampling delight.
- And back by popular demand, Duckworth’s will offer their signature wings to fill your belly
- Need a little variety for your liquid intake? Try freshly brewed coffee from Farmers First Coffee, handcrafted juices from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company, Kombucha from Lenny Boy, Healthy Energy from MATI and plenty of water from brewery-in-planning sponsors, Protagonist Clubhouse and Southern Strain Brewing
- Crunchy, salty and savory snacks will be served by Deep River Snacks and North Carolina’s own Hampton Farms Peanuts—which will pair perfectly with sips of beer and cider
Activities and special features to check out
- Say hello to table #45 where Queen Park Social will be serving up tasty bites from their menu. You’ll even get the first chance to reserve your spot for their April 20th Table Tennis Takeover Tournament benefiting ACEing Autism.
- Films on Tap will be offering pretzel necklaces to festival-goers, plus get details on their next screening event.
- Mini tennis makes its return to QCBF thanks to Carolina Courtworks. Grab a racket and start a rally— just put your tasting glass down first!
- From two round-trip tickets to Cincinnati (the other Queen City) via Ultimate Air Shuttle to a plethora of brewery prizes that’ll last you through the year, a visit to the winner-take-all ACEing Autism raffle table is a must.
- Participating 8 out of 8 years, David French will set up a pop-up gallery for you to peruse original works of art of many of your favorite Charlotte sites and spots. Montford Misfits will have their 3D craft beer art on display as well.
Bonus feature: Contest to enter
- Williams Subaru will display a Subaru Outback this year in the center lot between the Fillmore and Underground–which will be filled with tennis balls. Whoever correctly guesses the number of tennis balls inside the car will be the lucky winner of a brand new car! (Yes, seriously).
Want to learn more about Queen City Brewers Festival? Click here to learn more information, or to get your tickets.