There’s about to be another option for Taco Tuesday in uptown. Mexican restaurant Que Onda is set to open Nov. 15 at the corner of Mint and Trade streets.
– The address is 333 W. Trade St., which used to be the Mandrake, and several other restaurants before that. (Is this location cursed or something? Maybe.)
– The food: “No-fuss, street food-style menu heavily focused on tacos and other comfort foods like fajitas and enchiladas.”
– The drinks: Will be twice the size that it was, and will be heavy on the tequila, with a goal of having about 100 tequilas on the menu eventually. (Shots. Shots. Shots. Shots-Shots. Shots.)
– The space: The wall between the dining room and kitchen will be removed so you can see how the food’s made. Inside will seat 75, with space for 60 more on the patio.
– The restaurant is owned by Manuel Flores, who also owns the Three Amigos in Huntersville.
– The name is slang for “What’s up.”
– He said it: “We want to be part of the community that’s growing,” Flores said. “Our goal is to make sure we’re here for many years.”
Read more here.
Photo: Katie Peralta