This post is brought to you in partnership with the City of Charlotte. All opinions are our own.
Whether you are a Charlotte native, brand new to the Queen City, or somewhere in between, you have a voice in what direction you think our city should be headed. Share your voice and enjoy a meal for free at the second annual Meet & Eat CLTMECKGOV events in October.
It’s a win-win. Someone else does the cooking and you can visit with staff from the transit system, library, schools, storm water services, housing and neighborhood services, park and rec, public health and more.
Hungry for food and conversation?
Below are the dates and locations for the upcoming Meet & Eat events with Team Charlotte. Grab your calendar and your friends and make it a date! Events are from 6-8 p.m., children are welcome and you are asked to RSVP at charlottenc.gov/meetandeat.
- October 4: Albermarle Road Rec Center, 5027 Idlewild Road, 28227
- October 9: Arbor Glen Rec Center, 1520 Clanton Road, 28208
- October 11: Sugaw Creek Rec Center, 943 W. Sugar Creek Road, 28213
- October 18: Elon Rec Center, 11401 Ardrey Kell Road, 28277
- October 23: Charlotte Innovation Barn, 932 Seigle Avenue, 28205, (Park at 1105 Otts Street)
- October 25: Ivory Baker Rec Center, 1920 Stroud Park Court, 28206
Get the 411 on Charlotte’s future
Ever wish you could talk one on one with a city or county representative? At the Meet & Eat CLTMECKGOV you can. They can answer questions about potential zoning and future projects, emergency services like fire and police, the upcoming tax assessment, plans for economic development and more.
Bring the kids!
This is a family friendly event. While you mix and mingle with staff, the kids can have fun playing and creating with the peeps from Park and Recreation – so you know they will be having a blast!
A quick RSVP gives you access to food, great information about the place you call home and the chance to give your input into the future of Charlotte!
Want to know more about the City of Charlotte? Click here for more information.