Serve as an interface between Colleague users in functional departments and the Senior Systems Administrator (SSA) and the Chief Technology Services Officer (CTSO). Administer, manage, coordinate, operate, and provide support for the Administrative Systems (IIPS and CIS). Perform daily tasks and maintenance of the Administrative System as assigned. Work collaboratively with department managers to identify departmental or individual user training needs. Participate in CIS Core Team and other administrative meetings to identify and address both technical and process-related issues and solutions appropriate to the College. Position reports directly to the CTSO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with CTSO, SSA, and end users to gather information and requirements for third-party applications with or without the integration of Colleague.
- Respond to end-user questions and needs related to the position and technology services.
- Perform daily tasks, including the setup and maintenance of Colleague user accounts, creation of security classes and computed columns, security of the daily backup rotation, and departmental Help Desk requests.
- Configure UNIX and Microsoft servers including hardware and software, operating systems, network access, and third-party application software as directed by the CTSO.
- Maintain system security and IT governance standards for software customization and updates.
- Perform Colleague system maintenance, including upgrades and patches, the UNIX operating system, and all third-party applications such as WebAdvisor, Student Self-Service, Informer, E-Procurement, Payment Gateway, and AIG.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Develop and provide training based on need to users of the Colleague system to enhance use of the system.
- Maintain up-to-date system access forms for all users.
- Produce ad hoc reports using a data extraction program (Informer) and provide Informer training to end users.
- Order supplies and special forms.
- Work with end users to solve problems, provide training, and enhance their ability to use the systems.
- Stay current on latest trends and technology related to position and responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution with coursework in computer programming, computer science, or information technology field required.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Six months' recent experience in educational or business environment similar in system complexity required. College coursework and internship experience directly related to position will be considered as part of meeting the experience requirement.
- UNIX/Linux and SQL experience required.
- Microsoft Windows Server experience required.
- VMware knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Colleague System, including the database reporting functions and the Informer reporting tool to create ad hoc reports, preferred.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Requires some travel between campus buildings and off-campus sites; a valid driver's license required.