Director of Distance Learning
The Director of Distance Learning is responsible for providing leadership to the design, quality development, delivery, and assessment of courses offered in all distance delivery formats including: fully online, hybrid (50% or more online), and web-assisted (less than 50% online). The Director will evaluate, assess, and implement technology solutions to support instructional and support services for existing and emerging learning environments including developing metrics and tools to track student success and retention in online, hybrid, and web-assisted courses. In addition, the Director will collaborate with faculty and support staff to ensure best practices in the delivery of online courses and programs. This position has some teaching requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or equivalent from an accredited college or university required.
- Experience in instructional design and working with online content required.
- Two (2) years post-secondary teaching experience, preferably in an online environment required.
- Two (2) years of experience working with a Learning Management System, preferably Moodle preferred.
- Experience developing effective faculty and staff training preferred.
- Expertise in curriculum development, instructional design, and online pedagogies preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of state authorization regulations and compliance matters preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines preferred.
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint
($3,280 – 4,469/monthly)
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online at https://wpcc.peopleadmin.com/
For First Consideration, Applications Must Be Received By: September 30, 2018
For More Information Contact:
Ms. Anita Berry, Benefit/Recruitment Specialist
Western Piedmont Community College
1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.