Gaston College, in Dallas, NC, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Coordinator - Testing Center / Chief HSE Examiner
Plan, organize, and coordinate activities and operations relating to scheduling and administration of both HSE and curriculum testing services within the Katherine Harper Testing Center. Serve as Chief HSE Examiner while ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures of the HSE Testing Service and the North Carolina Community College System Office. Continually assess and respond to community needs and meet the requirements of the law.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the day-to-day organization and staffing needs for the Katherine Harper Testing Center.
• Ensure appropriate certification of testing personnel and administration of HSE tests in compliance with policies, procedures and the law.
• Develop and maintain local testing policies that ensure security of the testing materials and the fair administration of HSE tests in compliance with all policies and procedures of HSE Testing Service and the North Carolina Community College System.
• Stay up-to-date and adhere to state and federal policies, procedures, and laws pertaining to test administration, including all policies in the HSE Examiner’s Manual and NC State procedure’s manual.
• Work collaboratively with Disability Student Services Counselor and Coordinator of Student Services Testing to ensure accommodations are met for students with disabilities.
• Coordinate testing services with outside agencies and organizations; serve on Curricula Placement Testing Committee and serve as a resource for college personnel and students in interpreting HSE and Curricula test scores. Provide staff, instructors, and the general public with information about the HSE and curricula tests. This includes providing student transcripts, technical instructions for instructors as well as providing general information about the tests to the public.
• Manage and continually assess the day-to-day operational needs of the Testing Center including maintaining annual contracts for testing programs; ordering test batteries and online administrative units and components; maintaining computer systems and troubleshooting technical programs regarding hardware/software issues; and ensuring the optimal use of allocated testing facilities.
• Develop and enforce procedures to prevent loss of tests or test compromises which could deprive students of the opportunity to test and cost the college financial penalties.
• Administer both HSE and college curriculum tests at approved on-campus and off-site locations including correctional facilities in compliance with all program policies and procedures.
• Process both HSE and college curriculum tests ensuring adherence to security protocol. This includes tracking all material used in the testing process including demographic forms, test books and answer sheets, and scratch paper. Scan or mail materials to scoring centers ensuring security of materials.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and schedule, proctors to ensure they administer HSE, TABE tests, in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Monitor and process HSE testing payroll and expenditures.
• Represent Gaston College at Job Fairs, open houses, professional conferences, workshops, and regional and statewide meetings as appropriate. Serve as liaison between Gaston College, HSE testing services, and the State HSE testing program administrators.
• Provide direction and referrals for students who complete their HSE diplomas and desire to enroll at Gaston College.
• Maintain a strong sense of responsibility, maturity, professionalism, and commitment to the mission of Gaston College and the open door admissions philosophy while providing high-level of customer service to students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• At least two years in a testing environment working with adults required.
• Experience as a HSE Examiner or Chief HSE Examiner preferred.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.
How to Apply