The CCP Success & Outreach Coordinator provides administrative support for the Educational Partnerships function with a focus on coordinating various success and outreach activities for the Career and College Promise (CCP) program. Coordinate various other special projects and provide presentations in support of the College's mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a resource/liaison between the College and public, charter, and private high schools primarily in Gaston County.
- Serve as an advocate for CCP students and guide them in navigating the college experience.
- Communicate regularly with CCP students, College faculty, and high school personnel on students' academic progress throughout the semester.
- Provide academic advising and support services to CCP students by collecting, organizing, and analyzing information.
- Request, gather, and organize information on CCP students who may be underperforming academically or are having attendance issues and provide updates and feedback to College faculty on students' semester progression. Share this information with counselors and administrators as needed.
- Actively participate in the activities of the Persistence and Retention Team, including involvement in Early Alert. Implement retention strategies designed to help CCP students to progress academically through the semester and within their selected pathway(s).
- Gather and maintain student information on enrollment, grades earned, withdrawals, and completion of pathway(s) by high schools and other local educational agencies.
- Actively participate in partnership initiatives with secondary partners.
- Oversee the recognition of CCP students for accomplishments such as making the Dean's and/or President's List, completing a certificate program, and/or graduating.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of N.C. statutes, Department of Public Instruction policies, North Carolina Community College System policies, and Gaston College policies as they relate to CCP.
- Assist in the implementation of goals and objectives established for the CCP Program.
- Provide enthusiastic and responsible customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two years' experience in an educational setting required, preferably in a community college.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Community college experience, experience working with high school populations, and/or experience in student services preferred.
How to Apply