Founded in 1989, Beacon Partners is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office and properties in the Carolinas. We have invested over $1.4B in real estate projects and developed and acquired in excess of 22M SF. Today we lease, own or manage more than 9M SF of property throughout the Carolinas. Our primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial and urban infill office and mixed-use properties. Our in-house team of seasoned real estate professionals average nearly 20 years’ experience transacting, investing and operating real estate. We employ a patient and focused investment strategy concentrating in areas where we have superior market knowledge. This strategic focus combined with our on the ground presence enables us to uncover and create value at the asset level and deliver outstanding returns to our investors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will report to the Director of Project Management and will play an important role within our organization. The APM will partner with our in-house property management and leasing teams to manage select tenant improvement, make-ready, and capital expenditure projects throughout our portfolio.
The APM will always represent the Company responsibly with respect to customer satisfaction and vendor relationships.
- Support internal customers within the Company with various budgeting requirements.
- Prepare project-specific specifications, bid instructions, and related documents for tenant improvement, make-ready, and select capital improvement projects.
- Analyze designer and contractor proposals and provide recommendations to Project Management staff for applicable projects.
- Negotiate and award projects to selected general contractors using Company-mandated contracts.
- Manage the design team during plan creation and permitting to ensure the design meets the established project budget.
- Facilitate a kickoff meeting to establish stakeholder expectations prior to mobilization.
- Manage the day-to-day coordination and communication for all assigned projects.
- Conduct weekly meetings with all project team stakeholders and issue meeting minutes to document customer requirements, schedule adherence, and any applicable cost impacts.
- Confirm that the work in place meets the requirements of the lease scope of work and design documents.
- Process updated or revised drawings, details, and change orders following Company standards.
- Obtain monthly pay applications, invoices, lien waivers, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Conduct a punch list during the final walkthrough of the space and obtain all required closeout documents from the project team for Company archives.
- Ensure proper completion of punch list tasks and timely occupancy by the tenant.
Post-Construction and Occupancy
- Provide ongoing support to the tenant and property management department during occupancy and throughout the term of the lease, where applicable.
- Coordinate door keying, mail, and trash requirements with tenant and property management staff.
- Update unit prices and project expenditure logs to provide historical context for future assignments.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High Integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in construction management, civil engineering, architecture, or interior design.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years of project management experience related to office, industrial and mixed-use properties.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent leadership skills and a collaborative working style.
- Ability to build strong relationships with our internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Project.
- Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems, and deal with a variety of variables and situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents such as leases, construction contracts, management agreements, etc.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands of the job require the employee to stand, walk, bend, and sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift, carry, and/or move items.
- The employee will be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, and occasionally be exposed to dust or fumes.
This is a full-time position. Compensation will include a salary, bonus potential, and a full benefits package.
Beacon Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.