The Institutional Research Coordinator supports institutional efforts to maintain and enhance a data-driven environment by assisting the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. This position plays a key role in promoting a culture of evidence and inquiry and broad-based engagement by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Synthesize a broad, detailed knowledge of reporting and analytical tools, and keep current with new and emerging technologies and processes.
- Employ appropriate programming (typically SAS, Informer, and Excel) to identify populations and select samples, write queries, extract data, clean data, perform statistical analyses, and render reports through various mediums.
- Investigate and diagnose problematic data areas, verify data integrity, and determine and evaluate options for resolution.
- Collaborate with end users and validate reports for quality assurance.
- Translate reporting requests in order to accurately portray the information needs into usable information for quality and compliance issues.
- Analyze data to enhance understanding of student experiences and effectiveness of student support strategies and interventions.
- Collaborate with College leadership to identify data analysis needs and then assist in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data to meet those needs.
- Educate the campus community on comprehending and effectively using data results.
- Counsel and guide faculty and staff in designing qualitative and quantitative research.
- Facilitate the administration of surveys and course evaluations.
- Plan, compose, and produce regular institutional reports.
- Support institutional compliance with federal, state, contracted services, grants, and accrediting organizations' laws, rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Provide statistical expertise in analyses and reporting required for evaluation of student success and institutional initiatives.
- Meet the deadlines of users.
- Perform other duties as assigned that achieve the College mission and initiatives.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field (e.g., computer science, information systems, social science, educational research, statistics, or a closely related field) preferred.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in data retrieval and analysis required.
- Experience with database applications and proficiency in MS Office, with strong skills in Excel required.
- Familiarity and experience working with Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague or similar system required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability work in a collegial manner with faculty and staff required.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail required.
- Experience with SQL, SAS or SPSS, and Informer preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred.
How to Apply