Director, Emergency Services Program
The Director, Emergency Services Programs, under the supervision of the Dean of Workforce Development & Continuing Education, is responsible for the administration and support of fire, rescue emergency medical and closely related programs including initial certification classes, fire academies and management of the WPCC Emergency Services Training Center.
- Education, background and/or training equivalent to a two-year technical/community college degree in emergency management, fire protection or emergency medical technology.
- NC Fire and Rescue Commission Instructor Certification as a Level II Instructor.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as lead instructor in the development and delivery of NCOFSM approved fire/rescue certification classes.
- A minimum of five years of related relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the volunteer and municipal fire rescue agencies in Burke County, including the Burke County Fire Fighters Association.
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays in the delivery of fire/rescue/emergency management classes.
- Experience recruiting, training, mentoring and managing part-time instructors.
- Experience developing, marketing and managing annual weekend fire colleges.
No substantial physical activity required. The functions of the job are usually performed sitting, but may involve some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting up to 100 lbs., walking, carrying, and other movements may be required. Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard may involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($3,575 – 4,469/monthly)
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online at https://wpcc.peopleadmin.com/.
For More Information Contact:
Ms. Anita Berry, Benefit/Recruitment Specialist
Western Piedmont Community College
1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.