Hotel welcome bags are just one more way to showcase a couple’s individuality, shared interests, and of course, some hometown pride! Jackie Fogartie, with Jackie Fogartie Events, gives us her go-to solution for finding the perfect items to create the ultimate welcome bags.
In today’s Pinterest obsessed wedding world, each wedding detail is thought out perfectly, from the music to the hor d’oeuvres. In partnership with blis, a mother-daughter owned gift shop located in Founder’s Hall, here are the ingredients for a welcome bag that will wow your guests!
Information: Wedding guests need information, especially when they are coming from out of town! A simple weekend itinerary branded with your wedding colors is the perfect informative detail.
Consume: Local goodies are a welcome gift for tired and hungry travelers! Include both salty and sweet options for the best variety.
- Sweet Girl Cookies: Voted Charlotte’s Best Cookie, you can’t go wrong with a Sweet Girl Cookie topped with a custom label!
- Popcorn: Asheville based Poppy’s Handcrafted Popcorn has a delightful Charlotte mix and is the perfect local flavor.
- Cheese straws: If your out of town guests have never had a Southern cheese straw, they will love Dee Dee’s Gourmet, made right here in Charlotte.
- Chocolate fit for a queen: The ultimate Queen City chocolate from Potts Chocolate.
Hydrate and Recover: Whether it’s a local beer or some H20, hydration is important!
- Water Bottle: Personalized water bottle labels add a unique touch.
- Local beer: A local craft brew is always a winner!
- La Croix: For your fancy friends.
- Champagne Split: No one can say no to bubbly!
- Survival Kit: Had too much fun on the dance floor? Advil should do the trick! Pro Tip: Check with your hotel as some don’t allow medication in welcome bags.
Keepsake: Give your guests a memento of your fabulous wedding weekend.
- Candle: Recognize your hometown with a candle from Ella B Candles, locally made in Charlotte.
- Koozie: A custom koozie is a keepsake that won’t break the bank.
- Map: Take your guests on an adventure with Charlotte’s Adventure map from E.D.I.A.
- Soap: Sweet smelling soaps from Moore County’s Historical Association have adorable packaging.
- Coaster: Protect your guests’ furniture with a custom coaster!
Container: Use a sturdy gift bag or box complete with a custom label to welcome your guests in style!
Be sure to check out blis’ new custom box line, Curated by blis, for all of your wedding gifting needs. Created a custom box filled with adorable gift items for out of town guests, to ask your bridesmaids to stand by your side, or to congratulate a newly engaged couple.
With ingredients like these, hotel welcome bags never have to be basic again!