Kim Parati and her husband found something unusual when having sewer lines replaced – not one, not two, but three horseshoes. “My husband joked if we found a fourth horseshoe, we’d get the horse for free,” says Kim. Finding horseshoes isn’t wildly out of place when you live in the Wesley Heights neighborhood. In the 1900s the area was home to horses who worked the trolley line. Today Wesley Heights is a thriving neighborhood and one Kim can’t stop talking about. She’s an agent with Savvy + Co. Real Estate and has lived here since 2010. “We loved the neighborhood so much, we got married in our backyard,” she adds. She shared her top ten reasons why she loves living in Wesley Heights.
- Wesley Heights is the only designated historic district on the Westside.
- The neighborhood is minutes from I-77 and Center City.
- You are surrounded by excellent restaurants and breweries including Rhino Market & Deli, Pinky’s Westside Grille, Savor Café, Open Kitchen, The Burger Company, Blue Blaze and more to come!
- Forget the car, walk to Bank of America Stadium, Romare Bearden Park, BB&T Ballpark and Center City.
- Homes are priced on average from $300,000 to $600,000.
- The beautiful greenway runs through the neighborhood.
- The Lakewood Trolley is scheduled to go through the neighborhood from Uptown to Lakewood Park, highlighting the history of the Westside.
- Lots of beautiful, tree-lined streets and friendly neighbors.
- The architecture has been wonderfully preserved.
- It’s the best of urban living. The city is a hop, skip and a jump away. Then you come home to beautiful yards, welcoming porches and homes built with pride.
Kim could go on and on about all the great things to love about Wesley Heights (we had to stop her at 10). If you want to hear more reasons or would like to talk about your favorite neighborhood in Charlotte, contact her today.