Thousands of North Carolina and Clemson football fans and tailgaters will descend upon uptown Charlotte this weekend.
With the Panthers playing away this week, the ACC Football Championship Game takes over Bank of America Stadium Saturday night, with kickoff set for 8 p.m.
So as Clemson Tigers and North Carolina Tar Heel fans start to come in droves, we’re breaking down what events will be going on around uptown to check out even if you don’t bleed Carolina blue or orange.
– Fan party: Rooftop 210 will be having an official Fan Central party on top of the Epicentre from 7-11 p.m., so expect the debauchery to start here and leak to all parts of uptown Charlotte. Mascots, bands and cheerleaders will be on hand to get both fan bases fired up.
— Suite Charlotte (@suitecharlotte) November 30, 2015
– Clemson party: The Clemson Alumni Association is taking over Whiskey River in the EpiCentre starting at 7 p.m. Under 21 allowed until 9 p.m., and apps are being provided until they’re all out.
– ACC FanFest: Starts on at noon, with country acts Dustin Lynch and Tyler Farr hitting the stage at 3:30 and 5:30 PM, respectively. Find the stages along with the interactive games and booths right next to Bank of America Stadium on Mint and Graham streets.
— The ACC (@theACC) November 29, 2015
– Clemson Tailgate Party: The Charlotte Clemson Club & Alumni Association will be pregaming starting at 3 p.m. at Draught before the big game. Grab some beer/food here before heading inside, and it’s an easy walk up the hill to two of the main gates.
– Clemson Watch Party: If you don’t have tickets, stick around and watch the game at Draght. Plenty of TVs on both levels and outside.
– Carolina Watch Party: If you don’t have tickets, the Charlotte Carolina Club will be meeting at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille on Morehead Street to watch the game. Get there early to reserve a spot.
– Carolina Tailgate Party: It looks like the UNC General Alumni tailgate at the Reebok Charlotte CrossFit on Mint Street is already sold out.
But if you Tar Heels (or Tigers) still want to tailgate, my advice is to get uptown early and park near BofA Stadium. Uptown is going to be CRAZY busy with this football game plus a Billy Joel concert at Time Warner Cable Arena on the same night.
Other events of note
– Vault Charlotte Pre-Game Day Party, 1-6 p.m. Saturday.
– Places like Blackfinn in Epicentre will give you free cover all weekend just as long as your rockin’ your team gear.
– Other hot spots to watch the game: Bars in Brevard Court uptown, the WFNZ Dog House on Morehead, and South End bars like All-American Pub or Gin Mill.
– DJ party: Head to Suite Friday or Saturday night for the Clemson and UNC DJ Battle.
— Suite Charlotte (@suitecharlotte) December 2, 2015
Just try and keep the peace in the uptown streets after drinking all day long.
Oh yeah, one more thing — Go Heels!
Any events we missed? Let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Photo: Diedra Laird/Charlotte Observer