In order to be considered, the online application for employment must be completed in its entirety. A resume or CV is not a substitute for a completed application.
An adjunct (part-time) instructor is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of adjunct instructor involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, and accessibility to students. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
2. Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
3. Treat students with tact and respect; maintain collegial relationships; and work productively as a member of a team.
4. Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
5. Maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
6. Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of courses and course syllabi within assigned content area.
7. Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
8. Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 18 graduate hours in physical education, exercise science, health education, or a related field required.
• Must meet minimum SACS criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• Registered yoga teacher certification required.
• Previous teaching experience preferred.
• First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification required.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule with varying hours during mornings and afternoons, Monday through Friday.
• Must be able to stand for at least two hours or longer as required (generally works in a classroom type environment; but may sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time).
• Must be able to lift/maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds (occasional bending, stooping, reaching).
• Must be able to walk and ambulate within on-site and off-site facilities without difficulty.
• Must be familiar with OSHA Guidelines.
• Must be able to deal with challenging work environment and demonstrate strong time management skills.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.