Exciting opportunities exist at a diverse and highly regarded community college located in the heart of the Piedmont Triad! GTCC is the third largest community college in North Carolina and offers over 80 programs of study within our academic curriculum. GTCC is accessible to all the great things that High Point, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem have to offer. With four conveniently located campuses, three Aviation Centers, and a small business center, it's easy to see that GTCC has a plan for an exciting tomorrow.
GTCC is currently accepting applications for Director, Nursing Programs
The director will provide the vision and leadership required to support and enhance the mission of the Nursing Programs (Associate Degree Nursing and Licensed Practical Nursing). Primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, continuous review, planning, budget administration, general effectiveness of the program, accreditation, and providing supervision and mentoring to part time faculty. Instructional responsibilities require a broad-based knowledge of the nursing in the health industry. The Program Director is a member of the full-time faculty and reports to the Division Chair of Health Sciences.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
- Three years of full-time administrative/supervisory experience in nursing.
- Two years of full-time experience as a registered nurse
- Two years of full-time experience as a faculty member in a board approved nursing program
- Experience with state board of nursing approval and national accreditation standards and procedures
- Experience with curriculum development and program evaluation
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with alternate instructional delivery systems
- Experience in a community college setting
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented in higher education. EOE