It wasn’t long ago that if you wanted to go to a rooftop bar in uptown you really only had two options: Fahrenheit and Rooftop 210. Now there’s City Lights at Le Méridien, whatever’s going on top of the Kimpton Hotel at 300 South Tryon, and now — Graham St. Pub & Patio.
Graham St. Pub & Patio is set to open early spring at the corner of Graham Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, catty-corner from BB&T Ballpark and within view of Bank of America Stadium.
This is the same low-slung white building that was supposed to become a tapas and shots spot called Chupitos a couple years ago, but plans for that fell through — probably because one of the owners received a five-year sentence for securities fraud in November.
The new concept will have a slightly different vibe.
Details on Graham St. Pub & Patio:
– There will be seating on the rooftop (a similar view to what you get on the third-base line at Knights games), on a downstairs patio and inside, with TVs in each area. The inside will be 2,200 square feet, the rooftop 943 square feet and the downstairs patio 1,100 square feet.
– Open for lunch and dinner, with plans to add weekend brunch in the future.
– A “food truck-like feel” to the menu, including: sliders (chicken keema and Banh Mi), skewers (chicken and waffle, and Korean steak cube), grilled cheeses, tacos and more.
– A full bar, with liquor, wine, and draft and bottled beer.
– The rooftop bar could feature DJs and live music, especially on game days, given the proximity to the two stadiums.
– Expect a little more of a laid-back vibe, compared to other uptown rooftop bars. The owners also own The Trail House in Indian Trail, and hope to bring a neighborhood vibe to the new place — “a local Montford, Plaza Midwood, or NoDa feel to uptown and the surrounding apartments.”
Photos and renderings provided by Graham St. Pub & Patio